View Single Post
Old 05-20-14, 07:09 AM
PimpMyBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Team Sarcasm
I would just stick with what you have until you wear it out. Being new to biking,upgrading will only make you feel better and not make you into a better rider.

The FSA crank grabs the chain and the brakes stop you right? As a beginner, that's all you need.

Use that money to invest in quality clothing/computers/shoes/pedals/etc and clock 2500 miles on your bike before you decide it you want to upgrade something. That will show you 1. if you like biking or not and 2. How much you need to improve before you need your bike to improve (because in all honesty, it's rarely the bike that holds someone back, rather the person holding the bike back).

And lastly, when you replace something that doesnt need replacing, your have an initial "yeah that was a great choice" followed by a "wow, i just wasted my money because I spent 500$ to do nothing more than the exact same thing"
That is probably the best common sense post in this long but great thread. Best advice. We all want the bomb but most of the time stock is all we need for now until we know what we need and not desire.