Thread: Ask Scrod
View Single Post
Old 05-21-14, 10:11 PM
killaspen123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So over a year ago I purchased a 2013 Fuji Feather, I have been riding it non stop and feel that a little upgrading is finally in order. After doing some research it seems like the upgrades most noticeable and beneficial would be too the crankset/chain/cog and the wheelset. I use my bike mainly as a commuter and also as a part time courier, so I'm looking for parts that will stand up to city streets and potholes and not be too flashy as my bike is often locked up outside. Also I'm looking for something that wont be totally out of place if along the road I decide to upgrade frames. For the crank I was looking at something along the lines of the Sram s300, and for wheelset Velocity Deep Vs with Formula hubs. Now my question is, are these parts really going to be a significant upgrade to my current stock wheelset (read somewhere online that the stock rims are comparable to deep v's, no idea if this is true) and cranks or should I hold out and save up for some Phil Wood hubs or something, also I have no brand loyalty and am open for any suggestions for wheelset and crankset combo, I just dont wanna throw all this money down for a marginal performance upgrade and increased theft potential, Thanks Guys!