View Single Post
Old 05-22-14, 06:51 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4301 Post(s)
Liked 1,383 Times in 963 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
I excluded the Android OS use when stating that I have used a third of the available space (after Android is accounted for). I do know exactly how much is free and where the memory is used - ES File Explorer app which I recommend. It's also what I use for moving maps, music and some other data to the microSD card (your surmise is correct). Moving apps on the other hand, even some app cache, is a pipe dream even with the phone rooted. So there are limits.

The processor is fine for these apps. There's no slow down because it doesn't do even the Android simulation of multitasking, except for background processes. You run one app, that's all you get with no switching.
The Motorola G is faster, has much more memory, a much better screen, is a phone that people want, it's not anywhere as limited, has BTLE, for just $120 more. Pretty much, you'll be able to anything you want with the Motorola G.

It's too bad the LTE version of the Motorola G only comes with 8 GB.

It appears that the Motorola G is on the low end of the "high teir" phones.

The Samsung Centura is just cheap (and tied to a weird network?).

=============================

The Motorola E is a nicer phone than the Samsung Cetura is. But 2GB free out of a total of 4GB isn't very reasonable.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/05/the-best-unlocked-phone-129-can-buy-motorolas-moto-e-reviewed/

f you're looking for an inexpensive, unlocked Android phone to use with a provider like Straight Talk, the Moto G and Moto E should be at the top of your list. Given the kinds of phones Straight Talk will sell you for between $100 and $200, we'd argue that they should be the only phones on your list.

Last edited by njkayaker; 05-22-14 at 07:38 PM.