Old 05-23-14, 11:16 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by jtolive
I have ridden TH/Bush almost daily for years and never heard any area referred to as the Mason Creek Greenway. Are you referring to connector that goes from the TH Gazebo under I-10 then goes left or right for a short ways but does not connect to more trails - just dumps you out to roads?
Nope.
If you ride GBP all the way out west to Fry Road (where the paved trail ends, theres a gate a few picnic tables etc, a Walgreens is across the street) - this is basically where 99.99999% of people stop. Some you will see cross the street straight through the intersection and go up the road. Don't do that.
Instead, cross the street and go into the park to the right, follow the path through the park along Fry Road (so, heading NE), the park goes about 2 blocks, you'll cross a side street, and go past a car wash place, then right as you get to the bridge, there's an entrance to the greenway.

Here, I illustrated:

here's a map from my Map My Ride - this is basically the entire THP + GBP route, with the little extra that goes under I-10 from the Gazebo/Playground on Memorial Dr. The only piece missing is the mile out and back on Mason Creek that goes left at the fork to near where Bike Barn Katy is.

It's 48.8 miles - with the out and back that I skipped, it'd be 50.