View Single Post
Old 05-24-14, 10:47 AM
Spld cyclist

Bikes: 2012 Motobecane Fantom CXX, 2012 Motobecane Fantom CX, 1997 Bianchi Nyala, 200? Burley Rock 'n Roll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
Consumer cellular appears to use ATT's network.

Is the G the LTE one? If you have LTE service for data (and use data), it's much faster.

Prices on Google for the G US GSM):

8gb $180
16gb $200
8gb LTE $220

It looks like you could buy the G elsewhere and use it in consumer cellular.

You could get away with 8gb. Anything reasonable you'd want to try/explore would work with that.
Doesn't look like it's the LTE version. I think you're correct that I could buy a Moto G elsewhere and use it with Consumer, so I'll to figure out whether I want to upgrade from the 8 GB phone....

It does use the AT&T network. My wife had AT&T through work a couple years ago and thinks that Verizon is a bit better network-wise around here. I might test it out by buying an inexpensive phone that will work with Consumer and then give the phone to my older daughter if everything works ok (we were going to give her an inexpensive phone this fall anyway). If the network sucks (though I don't think it will), we'll only be out $30 or so on the cost of the phone. Then we'll go to plan B on a different network, TBD.