Old 05-25-14, 09:28 AM
Delmarva

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MichelleOH
I don't see why a shop could stock a couple colors, then special order a couple if a customer wanted. That way nobody has to be out money by stocking four or five colors in all sizes. Anyway, as I stated a couple days ago, I *did* contact Trek. They said they would check with the nearest warehouse to see what they have in stock. And, I still don't understand this since green isn't available in the U.S. according to their website. How could any warehouse in the States have green?

Looks like I would have to order from another country….which I'm willing to do, would just like to see the color in person first.
Regarding your first point it is still a problem of the cost-to-carry an inventory of all combinations available to all locations.

Hopefully your call to Trek will reveal a not well kept secret for international companies like Trek. Their country-based websites don't always list all combinations and models. If that doesn't work check dealers in Canada. A nice long weekend drive to Canada could net you a green bike.

Lets us know what happens.

Last edited by Delmarva; 05-25-14 at 09:33 AM.