Old 05-25-14, 12:37 PM
Real1shepherd

Bikes: Trek, Raleigh, Schwinn, Yokota

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lascauxcaveman
I'm going to check this out. Not for touchups (my SC is too far gone for that) but I'm toying with the idea of painting one of my rear racks green to go with it. I just googled the color chart, it's always a little hard to compare real life to computer screen color, but it looks pretty close. An acrylic paint, though. Not sure if that would work very well long term.
Yeah, it is acrylic. Maybe with some clear over it, it would last...dunno...paint and body work are not my strong suit. I'm trying to preserve the original finish on my SC and with a correct paint code, maybe I can get a rattle can made with the appropriate color. I do remember somebody on some forum using the term 'antique green' and so I perked up when I found this. They were talking about color matching in the yahoo group;TI Raleigh SBDU Racing Bikes. This company came up as an exact match for a particular blue they used from the Carlton factory. UK Deco Art had the exact match and paint code. That's the most OCD group of guys I ever saw...so when they speak of something favorable to Raleigh OE, I listen. Of course they weren't talking about the 'funky' green or anything as 'lowly' as a SC.

I also found the best decals to match, but again with a guy over in the UK....don't know if it's worth the effort, cost and postage for an SC.

I know that the OE 'funky' green had some yellow/gold in it and if you look at the color chart from America Deco Art acrylic, gold is right before the transition into 'antique green'. Sure looks close to me, that's why I asked if someone had some real life experience with it.

Kevin

Last edited by Real1shepherd; 05-25-14 at 12:42 PM.