uluchay
Squeaky Bottom Bracket

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.2 // 70's Olmo Gentleman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@europa

I didn't know about the S3X I'll look into it.

After some quick investigation, I realised that a single pulley wouldn't take the slack of a double chainring. I would need a two pulley chain tensioner or a locked RD. Not what I had in mind.

For now this project is just an idea, I think the earliest I can build it is in the next 18 to 24 months. About the friction shifter, I have strange obsessions. I wan't three road bikes with three brands. One with Shimano, one with Campy and one with SRAM. This would be the SRAM bike.

@Steev

Some times I think like I am the only person who likes front shifting in the forum. The Sora 3500 on my Trek just shifts fine, and it's a triple. I have never had problems with it, it never let me down. Not to mention the Campagnolo Nuovo Gran Sport on my vintage bike, it's almost 40 years old and shifts like a dream, I often need to look down to check if it really did change gears.

@ijsbrand

The Nexus/Alfine system does look indeed hassle free. Rapidfire shifter means flat bar to me, I wouldn't mount that thing on a drop bar. The third party Versa levers look ugly in my opinion. I didn't have previous experience with the Automatix but I'll take your word for it, silence is of course an issue. My ultimate dream is a bike with Alfine 11 Di2 and Carbon Belt drive but that combo is super expensive and pretty much limits the range of frames I can choose.

That's a nice looking bike you have there, and a pretty high frame!

Last edited by uluchay; 05-26-14 at 05:39 AM. Reason: typo