01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
That phone is GSM only.

HSN doesn't mention CDMA is the list if features at all. Other websites don't mention it either.

The HSN webpage text you quoted mentioning CDMA appears to be standard text applied to any unlocked phone the might sell.

Samsung Galaxy S Duos Review
That thought crossed my mind as well just before I posted. The wording on the "Overview" is indeed very misleading. Believe me I had my doubts but I found it hard to believe that the HSN could have included text designed to be so misleading.

That's one of the problems with internet searches. Even when you write exactly what you are looking for sometimes the links only contain part of what you wanted. PITA but what can you do but keep searching. Obvious the "overview" text was enough to throw off my Google search.

BTW I did find some compatible phones on some India and Taiwanese website but I'm not sure I would buy from one of those. I did find this HTC phone on Amazon that looks good but it doesn't list all the specs. Geez...you wouldn't think finding something like this would be so hard.

About the Samsung / Android issue: Samsung needs to stay with Android. The Google stuff is too nice to give up. Perhaps Samsung is just mad because the Android people are slow in getting out the newer updated OS that is compatible with things like BTLE. I have to admit, the iphones really seem to cater to the "wants" of the cycling crowd. As an Android user I'm trying to wait patiently for the newer BTLE stuff to come to market but so far I'm not hearing about any of the Android phones actually using BTLE devices with compatible apps or am I missing something.