View Single Post
Old 05-27-14, 06:01 AM
JT Burkard

Bikes: BMW Cruise Bike, Specialized Hardrock, Fuji Sagres, Vintage Schwinn Hollywood

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Back in the saddle again...

Yesterday I finally got my lazy arse off the recliner at 9am and went for my first real ride of the year. I don't count my test run after airing up the tires to the end of the block and back two weeks ago. It was a perfect day so I got my riding shorts and shirt on and headed out on my Fugi Sagres road bike.

Last time I rode was Sept according to my map my ride app. I went on my usual loop which 4.1 miles. It took 21:40 with an average of 11.4 mph with a top speed of 22.7 mph. I stopped after the first mile on top of a slight incline for about 30 seconds. After the next mile I took another quick 30 second stop to catch my breath. My legs were feeling pretty good. The remaining 2 miles I kept going. There are a couple little downhill areas. I wasn't try to speed just gear up and keep pedaling. Speed limit is 25 on this street and I noticed cars were barely rolling past me so I must have been zipping along pretty good. I didn't see my stats until I got back home.

I was excited to see my workout details were similar to the last years stats. Last time I rode this loop 10 months ago I did it only a minute faster (I probably didn't stop), avg speed was .2 faster but top speed was 1.2mph slower. I am glad I didn't take a step backwards.

Te best part was I wound of having a bunch of energy for the rest of the day. I tackled a few small projects Ive been putting off around the house. My wife even comment how i seemed to have some energy throughout the day. As long as the rain storms holds off tonight Ill get back out again.

Just wanted to share this with everyone.