Old 10-13-05, 09:27 AM
LittleBigMan
Sumanitu taka owaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mars
Many of the comments I see on these forums remind me of smokers denying the link between cigarettes and lung cancer: "I smoke and I don't have lung cancer, therefore the risk is not there" or "My grandad smoked for 65 years and never got cancer." This type of anecdotal evidence does not dispel the carefully executed studies now out.

...don't reject these findings just because you don't like them.
The problem is not cyclists rejecting the link between cycling and impotence. The problem is cyclists and potential cyclists overreacting from fear, which is induced by media hype.

Unfortunately, we, the great unwashed, often put scientists and doctors on a pedestal of perfection. In reality, they are just as often wrong, partially wrong, and sometimes even mislead by the strong desire for prestige, recognition and success.

So when we hear "scientific studies" linking bicycling with something as frightening as impotence, we are intimidated into belief. Especially given the history of these claims, I'm remaining skeptical until it's proven more completely to me.