Old 05-30-14, 01:21 AM
Kameleon

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale CAAD10-5 BBQ 58cm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rms13
CAAD8 is a different bike then the CAAD9 and CAAD10. The 8 has a less aggressive geometry and lower end components. The 10 is the replacement for the 9 but they are very similar and they are race bikes with aggressive geometry. The lowest I've seen CAAD10 at lbs was $1275 for previous year model. And where I live sales tax is 9.75% so that's another $125. Nice thing about used is its cheaper and no tax. I've seen CAAD10 with Ultegra sell for around $1200 on eBay recently.

So the CAAD9 you are looking at is not overpriced compared to the new CAAD8, it's a different and better bike. I saw one on Craigslist recently for $750. Offer the guy $700 and maybe he'll meet you in the middle
Thank you. I personally didn't feel much difference between the CAAD 8 and 10. The 10 felt lighter and more nimble but not "uncomfortably" aggressive. Your right I want the 10 to future proof my purchase and not do upgrades for a while. But the 8 is considered because of the lower price point.

I'll offer the $700 he's far off for a quick test ride...

I had considered a Domane 2.3/4.3 but my gut feeling draws me back to a CAAD8/9/10.

Also if you know of a great deal or LBS. Let me know please. Looks like I live not to far from you! West Los Angeles Area.