Old 05-30-14, 09:55 AM
Azreal911

Bikes: Wheeler Mtn bike, Strida 5.0, Tern Link Uno, FSIR Spin 2.0, Dahon Mu P8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Has anyone every heard of or ridden Nanoo folding bikes?

Just somehow ran across this bike online somewhere and there was only a slight mention of it in the past here. Seems like a european only bike right now and looks very unique. What surprised me was that they are 7-8 speeds on such tiny wheels, some of you would probably scoff at the weight and with smaller wheels (12" and 14" versions) having a fold that's twice the size of a Brompton and actually rivalling 20" folder sizes. But what really got me interested is because someone is actually pushing the folding envelope instead of the usual safe dahon fold in half styles and trying new things out which is very refreshing! Seems very new and the company is not a fly by night company that'll disappear in a few months. There's barely any reviews out there at all, did anyone see this rare breed in person?

Japan has alot of interesting folders but there's a huge language barrier and japan only market for parts which you'll have a hard time finding anything but this is out there for the world to see and hopefully they have good support for parts as it is their main product like the Brompton company and Strida's. Lots of youtube videos about this bike but only 1-2 real world reviews which I would like to see more of.
Edit: Big fish also popped in my head for another unconventional fold and supported bike.

NANOO - La vera bicicletta pieghevole

Last edited by Azreal911; 05-30-14 at 10:03 AM.