daihard 
Just a person on bike

Bikes: 2015 Trek 1.1, 2021 Specialized Roubaix, 2022 Tern HSD S+

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
Prime example was Wednesday I had to drive and as I was driving down a very busy street that does not have much for lane space, but does have a few stop signs. 3 roadies decided to turn on to this street and take it the whole way down which caused a bit of a traffic jam as people are trying to skirt around them. No one is honking but I can see some displeasure in some peoples faces. A lot of this could be resolved by going one street over in either direction which is residential and follows this same road all the way to the end. Maybe this is just how I think but it is what I would have done in this situation. Compared to the roads on either side they are all about the same there is no major hill climbs or descents very flat stuff.
I'm usually in the "courtesy works both ways" camp, but this one prompts me to ask. If you have two residential streets that go pallarel to the main street to the end, why don't those cars take those streets? I'm hoping your answer isn't "because the cars would have to drive more slowly on those streets."

The value of your life doesn't change based on the way you travel. - Dawn Schellenberg (SDOT)