Old 05-31-14, 06:14 PM
WestPablo
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ralph12
I kind of have some doubts whether it's worth keying all that info in and taking all those measurements. I mean, I have noticed a difference between one bikes 54 cm and another bike's 54 cm, and really I don't know what I would do with the size I the calculation would give me. For example, what if it said I needed a 56, but then I went and test rode a 54 and preferred it, or vice versa?

I am sure there is some validity in these calculators, but I think I might prefer to see how the bike feels, without worrying too much about these formulas. I hope I won't come to regret this outlook.
That's a very intelligent perspective to have, Ralph!

After all, you've got to think about your back and your own personal comfort. Suppose nobody is right about relying upon some fit calculator. At that point, you will be the only one stuck with an ill fitting bicycle.

Therefore, I commend you for thinking more independently and more responsibly about your own personal health, comfort, and cycling concerns.

You've just got to get out there and test ride all the bicycles that you can, until you find the most accommodating one, that calls your name...