Old 06-01-14, 08:11 PM
gt eunuch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Convince me to go 700c, or convince me to stay 27

For Father's Day, my wife wanted to pick me up something I wanted (not something I need).

Question comes, and I respond with a new wheelset. Of course, this is not something that she can pick out and surprise me with, so I send her a link to the CR18/quando 27" wheelset from VeloMine. Target bike for these is my Miyata 610, running original equipment wheels. They are serviceable, but some spokes could use replacing, some nipples are corroded, etc. The good thing about these wheels, when I built the bike up earlier this year I put a brand new freewheel on, and a brand new set of 27x1 1/4 Panaracer Pasela Tour Guards. These parts would obviously swap over to the new wheels upon arrival.

I was wondering though, since I am getting new wheels, why not get the 700c version of the same wheelset? I don't mind the freewheel interface, I actually prefer it at this price level. Biggest benefit I can see is tire selection, but this is almost completely voided by the now 500mile old set of Panaracers in the 27size that I already have!

Now, BF, what would you do!?

For visual sake, here is the bike in question:

Last edited by gt eunuch; 06-01-14 at 08:19 PM.