View Single Post
Old 06-02-14, 03:50 PM
stephtu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dunbar
30-40 km while eating a total of 200 calories that day? I suppose if you don't mind feeling hungry and fatigued all day long (+ on the bike) there's nothing wrong with it.
I think 40km is perfectly fine. The body has ~2000 calories in glycogen stored up to use, along with practically unlimited fat stores. He's not doing consecutive days without food. I agree that hard rides two days in a row combined with 2 consecutive days of fasting would become problematic, but that's not what he's doing. Fatigue shouldn't be an issue, and after awhile on the program, the hunger gets much more manageable. A lot of people have forgotten what real hunger feels like, a little bit peckish and reach for a snack, hence the obesity problem spreading worldwide. Force yourself on an intermittent fasting regime, try reaching for a glass of water instead, often you find the hunger diminishes or goes away for awhile, doesn't really get worse, and you make it to bed and eat normally the next day and feel perfectly fine.

I've been doing a more relaxed regime than he has, restricting only down to 600 calories twice a week.