View Single Post
Old 06-03-14, 12:46 AM
The Thin Man 

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked 247 Times in 118 Posts
My apologies for bringing up a thread over a year old, but since I started it, I feel I can get away with it.
Over the last year I have updated my post I mentioned on the previous page regarding the write-up I did on altering the cable stops for the Shimano specific shifters bosses. Since that time, a reader of my blog offered up one solution, then, just recently, I went forward with tapping the shifter bosses to accept 5mm bolts.

I felt it was important to update this thread alerting readers to the other solutions that have developed since the original posting on this topic. Obviously there is more than one way to get around the frustrating B-Stop Blues and I am certain there are still more. If you have a different technique that worked for you, feel free to PM me as I would be happy to update the page (linked below) to help future owners of B-Stop shifter bosses who would like different options other than using the one-dimensional Shimano Deore downtube shifter levers.

The post for the different methods of alteration is located here: The Kodiak saga continues | The Simplicity of Vintage Cycles