Old 06-03-14, 01:43 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6219 Post(s)
Liked 4,220 Times in 2,367 Posts
Originally Posted by Little Darwin
Without disputing the benefits of threadless headsets...

Out of curiosity, wouldn't it work to put a spot of blue Lock Tite on the race and the lock nut? Since the upper race is effectively just a specialized nut it would seem like it would work. You would need to pretty much adjust it right the first time, but it could provide some benefit.

And in thinking about this specific case, and the ease with which it loosens, I would also suspect there might be something else at play... Perhaps something like an ovalized head tube.
I already stated above that adding locktite wouldn't hurt. I should have said it probably wouldn't help but sometimes I brain gets ahead of my typing. I'm all for experimenting but I'm also realistic about the possible results.

Originally Posted by fietsbob
Dueling Opinions , again ..
Whatever ... His bikes get less care, and beat up more than mine , I guess.

OK I dont live in Colorado with it's Roclies.. to crash and fall on.
Do you know for a fact that my bikes get less care than yours? As far as I know we've never met so you can't say if my bikes get less care then your bikes or not. Perhaps you don't ride your bikes and only use them as wall displays.

Yes, I ride my mountain bikes off-road and I do ride them hard but that, in my opinion, is what they are designed to do.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!