nova
hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im one of the 10% who do obey laws. I doubt its that extream probably the opisit is true. Your just human and more apt to notice thoose who run lights stop signs etc. As for speeding depending on the conditions its kind of hard not to. I hit about 35+ (guesstament) going down the fairly large or long grade hills here where i live. To obey a 25mph speed limit such as in silver creek park would mean riding my breaks down the hill.

This is not a good idea on a bike as you get alot of break fade and if you should need your breaks to come to a stop before they can cool down they would be alot less effective. Also remember speed limits are set based on a 1 to 2 ton car truck etc based on distance needed to come to a full stop. A bike doing 35 or even 45 mph can stop in as short a distance as a car doing 25 or 30. We got alot less mass to stop than a typical car. Not saying a cyclist should speed if its avoidable but that they should not try to keep at or under the limit if it might cause us to get hurt.
Ive had my breaks get to the point where i could not stop at all. It felt like I had no pads left at all.