schiiism
Yogi on Wheels

Bikes: 2010 Orbea Diva Dura-Ace, 2012 Fuji Finest, 1986 Univega Gran Turismo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Experimenting with Bar Tape

So I have been looking around at a lot of different upgrades for when I can afford a higher end road bike, and I stumbled across the Trek Silque. Components and materials aside, it was the unique bar tape that really caught my eye.

The subtle pink accents look really sophisticated because the pink is understated. My Fuji's frame is mostly silver and black with tiny purple accents, but I think the full on purple tape it comes with is too much.

Somehow, I'd like to emulate the look of that Silque's tape. I am thinking about getting perforated black leather tape and either gluing a purple ribbon to the bottom between the adhesive strips, or perhaps double wrapping it with thin purple bar tape underneath. I am also considering getting black tape and using a plastic based professional grade paint to either paint the dots or even make my own designs. I just worry that there is no paint durable enough to withstand all the rubbing.

Has anyone tried any of these methods, or am I the only one who thinks about these kinds of arbitrary aesthetics?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bartape.jpg (32.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg
FujiFinest.jpg (18.3 KB, 18 views)