Old 06-07-14, 07:20 PM
Zoxe

Bikes: Giant Cypress DX, Bianchi Imola, Surly Cross Check 105, Twin6 Standard TI FSU

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 22 Posts
WFF, thought I replied to say congrats, but obviously I didn't. Sounds like a solid first attempted. Hope the knee is better!

Tri/Multisport event #2 for the year was today. I did Olympic Aquabike and Mrs. Zoxe did the Sprint course again.

She took 6 minutes off of her time from a month ago, on the same course under similar weather conditions (a touch warmer, but no wind either time). The formal bike fitting we did for her appears to really help - her legs weren't as trashed at the end of the bike and she could push more in the run.

My Aqbike time today was 9 seconds slower than last year on the same course. 9 seconds!! I had a quicker T1 but was a touch slower on the bike compared to last year. I got a very similar time in the swim, but this year the sighting on the long course was pretty bad -- fewer buoys and the glare on the return leg (~700m) was so bad, everybody was stopping swimming every 20 or 50 yards to get their bearings. If you were right on top of a buoy, you could see them, but once past you were swimming blind or hoping the guy in front of you could see (and knowing they were just as blind as you). You went like that until you got in range of the next one. We swam in a big pack, and it cost me time instead of passing folks like I wanted to.

Anyway, I'm not signed up for anything at the moment, so that might be my season. Time to heal up a bit and maybe do some longer touring bike rides later this fall.