View Single Post
Old 06-09-14, 07:08 AM
IBOHUNT

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by sarals
Here are the results for the 5/21 PCSD TT I did. Better time than I thought, but still near the bottom. I have a way to go, and I know that. I'm fine with that, and I'm fine with improving. Interesting are the "notes". "Steep" position (doh!) and "non-aero" front wheel (doh!). Like an aero front wheel was going to help.
What is "steep'?
What were your expectations going in?

Originally Posted by valygrl
Sonic Boom MW45+ 3rd/11 - but that doesn't tell the real story. I was dropped.

We raced with the MW 35+, 23 of us total. This was CO masters crit champs. L shaped course, with the final corner downhill to uphill, medium to narrow with 2 brick cross walks and some marked broken pavement. Uphill finish, uphill 2nd leg, then slightnly down, chicane, and a down hill into the nasty last corner.

The two races before mine had ambulance-requiring crashes in the last corner and I went into it scared and lacking confidence. I left too much space in that corner every time and had to chase back on every time. Made the initial split, but got spit out after the 2nd prime ramped the pace up and I couldn't keep doing the repeated accelarations. I was joined OTB with an ex team mate, we worked together the remainder of the race, gained some ground at one point (the pack must have sat up) and then re-lost it. She tried to shake me on the last uphill but I managed to stick to her, I had a sprint plan in place, but as we rounded the second to last corner we saw the marshals waving us to slow down - big crash on the exit of the last corner (where all the other ones had been). So my exTeamie and I ended up 2nd/3rd, 1st was in the crash but managed to get up and get to the finish line before us. I didn't even sprint, I was looking for downed-teamies.

Yuck.
Sorry to hear about the team mate and all the others.

Originally Posted by rapwithtom
Sonic Boom Crit 45/4’s
I hope the promoter learns something from the many ambulance trips and changes the venue.
I agree that all that signed the waiver and each person is ultimately responsible for their own safety and welfare however no need to put folks in danger.

Originally Posted by LAJ
Feeling good and ready to do well. I was third bike in, almost had it missed, then plowed into, I think. High sided, bike was 20 feet away. Tried to stand, couldn't and felt like a pulled muscle. Helped off the course, fried got my bike, and I slowly loaded it up. Drove home, got some crutches, and went to Lutheran. Transported to Good Samaritan, and now have 3 bad ass screws in my femurol neck bone at the hip. They got right down to business.

Pretty pissed off.
Dag! Heal well and quickly.