Racer Ex 
Resident Alien

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Cleave
(State TTT)

Turn 1 to 2 was an exercise in keeping us all together. When we hit the back straight I finally figured out the wind direction and recovered to a degree. We started making up some time. Just after turn 3 the third place team that started 4 minutes after us passed us. I was surprised to see only three of them together.
Me too. And I was on the team.

We swapped out guys just before the event, equal strength but TT teams need to be well oiled machines, and the lack of practice hurt us. We had gone in with hopes of winning.

Just out of turn one those hopes diminished when we lost one of our two big motors to a loose arm rest, and the guy who I had practiced with the most. Things pretty much came apart after that as our rotation plan when out the window and I had to do 700w+ just to get back on when our other strong guy decided to ramp it up after I came off the front.

TTT rule #1 . Pull longer if your the strongest, not faster.

I was actually going strong until after the final corner, when my lack of training showed up and I put on my "weakest link" T shirt. Came off three times before the finish, one time out of frustration. Really struggled. We missed 2nd by 10s and first by a bit over a minute.

Next year I guess.