nthnynvk

Bikes: fuji gran tourer se

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
welcome,

your are on your way...you have started, the rest is consistency and adding (or taking away small things)

remember when riding you don't want to be in a high gear (hard to push) and pushing hard with slow rotations, you want a lower gear (easier) and faster pedalling....much easier on the knees

Commuting is a great way to start.... you say 10 minutes by car...how far is that in miles on the roads/streets you would ride? you might be surprised at what you can do now if you go slow. to start you can do mon = drive in, ride home, tues= ride in drive home, wed drive both ways, thurs drive in , ride home, Friday ride in , drive home. Leave clothes and shoes at work if you can.

learn to work on your bike Park Tool Co. » ParkTool Blog

and don't forget to look at the eating side also. lots of ideas an threads on this, not drinking soda (pop, soda pop depending on where you live) is a huge start and keeping a food log (map my fitness has one i like for free, web and phone app) Many swear by weight watchers.... look around.

and have fun on the bike
Thanks for the great advice I work about 5 miles from home and I know I'm not going to jump right in to commuting. The fiancé is pretty reluctant about me commuting, doesn't want me to get hit by a car in the middle of the night. I spoke with a doctor yesterday and she told me that a healthy weight for someone my height is close to 225 and I think that's entirely too skinny especially when the most physically fit time of my life I weighed 330. But I'm gonna try and take it one day at a time gotta cut out soda again I did it for a year and started again recently so that needs to stop. And the eating healthy is gonna take some work but it's happening. So stoked for my bike to get back from the shop so I can get started.