Old 06-12-14, 01:43 PM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
... desire to walk off with a box of free stuff ...
If you should ever have the thought that making off with the box would be a good thing, please run through the thread first. Look carefully at the pictures. Now think if it would really be worth it. I imagine if you work your ass off, you might clear $50 selling it all on eBay (after eBay and PayPal take their cuts). I mean really, is that worth it?

If you've got nothing to contribute when it gets around to you, no problem. Just move the box along to the next person on the list. In fact, I personally (speaking as me, not representing DD, RS or anyone else) wouldn't care if you took a couple parts and didn't replace them. Crap, that would be better than taking the entire box! The box is so damn full and the rest of us have so much crap to contribute, that after a couple more stops along the way, it will be back up to its hefty self. (If we were smarter about this, we could probably run four or five BoCs simultaneously, and keep the USPS in business. After all, we are smart enough to stay out of the way of cars, trucks, and buses for the most part.) I have an old orange box (the kind you get when you buy oranges at Costco) full of parts to contribute. Most of the time nothing leaves that box because there is simply no room for more stuff, and all I can do is wedge in a couple small bits.

I'll try to make this mini-rant constructive. Just to prove we can (and so we don't have to wait so long between Christmases) how about we try to boot up a second box? I offer to coordinate the reboot (contributing some of my stash, and accepting parts from others wanting to participate) and manage the second list.

S