Old 06-12-14, 05:05 PM
dynaryder
PatronSaintOfDiscBrakes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
I started with a post on craigslist with a price that was lower than the lowest price I could find online. Not a single inquiry. I did the same with a "buy it now" listing on ebay. Again no takers. Tried craigslist a second time and again got no responses. The .99 cent auction was my last resort. In other words, I practically had to give the thing away. I think WestPablo might be right about triples phasing out, not to mention 9-speed drivetrains. I was still surprised though. It's not like this is ancient technology.
The pros are all going 2x and 1x,but they're professional athletes competing. Triples will be around as long as there are regular people.

I'm still calling it bad luck. I've had stuff sit on CL and eBay forever,then sell it to someone for my asking price because it just happened that that's what they were looking for. I had an old NIB Flexstem that I never used;no-one on CL would touch it,and didn't bother with eBay. Put it out at a bike swap last year,and this dude goes,"hey,is that a Flexstem?",and pays my asking price. He'd been wanting one but didn't hang out on eBay.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X