Old 06-14-14, 06:30 AM
daviddavieboy

Bikes: I have a few

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 210 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by Null66
Interestingly, there's a study that seems to show it's inherent, like males over confidence.
I doubt this but yes, its possible. We have 4 children, do not watch TV and keep discussions about weight between my SO and myself. Only one of our girls have any concerns about self image.

On the other hand, some cultures where mass media is not present at all, women still feel the need (instilled or inherent)to adorn themselves to attract the opposite sex as in the animal world(after all we are animals). As far as OVER confidence is concerned that is more inane than innate.

Now to be on-topic, I have started a new job and not on the road any more. I have only been on my bike 2 or 3 times in the last 2 weeks and still lost a few pounds. So in my case, weight loss has more to do with the change in eating lifestyle than with the miles of cycling. I am keeping my caloric intake at or just below my BMR and it seem to work FOR ME. When I am accustomed to the new work I will fit in cycling again hopefully there will be a difference again.

Last edited by daviddavieboy; 06-14-14 at 08:44 AM.