View Single Post
Old 06-15-14, 09:41 PM
dual650c

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ISPringle
I need to be taking on more fluid though, I have a camel back I've been using, partially because of habit from MTB and partially because my bike is old and doesn't have a place to attach bottles, and I only went through two of those today, need to fix that because I was and still am a bit dehydrated.
There's a cheap & simple way to attach "standard" water bottle holders to your frame - hose clamps. Put a piece of rubber (old tire tube?) between the hose clamp and the frame, then tighten it down. 2 clamps per water bottle older - cost < $2.00. I've seen people use zip ties instead of hose clamps - but I think the hose clamps are more secure.

Another alternative is a water bottle holder that attaches to the rear of the saddle. There are both singles and doubles.

I mention these because I can't stand weight on my back while riding a DF - part of why I ride a recumbent now.

Added: One way to ensure you are drinking enough is to set up a schedule. Say 2 swallows every mile or two, minimum. Distance as opposed to time works better for me as it's something I pay more attention to while riding (I rarely look at my watch).

Last edited by dual650c; 06-15-14 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Added comment about frequency...