Old 06-16-14, 01:44 AM
bhkyte

Bikes: 2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
It depends on the city. Would work well in paris, york amsterdam, london at a push. ........

It also depends on what you see the problem as. I found I felt I needed a faster better steering bike in Nottingham for commuting, hence the go faster mezzo, but a small folder such as the king of folding bikes may be better ina crowded city like london. If frequent folding is needed diblasi or tikit hyperfold come to mind. Brompton also does well here as bag often can be left on.

Like yourself I haven't got on with the brompton riding postion. I have got rid of 2 and a clone.

It may take a while to find the best compromise, of bike and usage. Brompton type bikes are versatile and could well be argued to be the most versatile overall package. However, loads of people don't get on with them. I sold a brompton and replaced with an upgraded bike that was a lot of effort to get it where I wanted, but I knew straight away it was the correct bike base for me. I was recently virtually gifted a brompton by a generous barber. I used my experience to get the brompton in to a great personalised bike similar to my mezzo. I now know I could be very happy with a custom ised brompton done in a similar way to my mezzo. I was not prepared to shallow the upgrade costs as I already owm 2 fast road going 16 inch folders with dual drive.

Learn and give it a chance is my advise.
Good luck

Last edited by bhkyte; 06-16-14 at 02:10 AM.