Old 06-16-14, 09:56 AM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 218 Posts
Originally Posted by Lanovran
The 7.5 will be a smoother ride on account of the IsoZone stay, yes. That means that it should be more comfortable over rough roads. The stock tires will be a bit narrower on the 7.5 (28 vs. 32), which may mean a bit more speed for a bit less "cushion;" however, if it helps, I recently did a week-long fully loaded tour on 700x28 tires, and I thought it worked out perfectly well. Finally, the 7.5 does also have the E2 tapered head tube and steerer, which due to its shape, helps to keep the system stiffer under pressure, more evenly distributing cornering forces for stability, and longer-lasting bearings.

As for the new FX, the entire line will now be compatible with Bontrager DuoTrap S speed/cadence sensors, which mount into the bike's non-drive-side chainstay. DuoTrap S will be both ANT+ and Bluetooth, so it will work with various cycling computers or your smartphone. Some of them will also come with Blendr stems, which include integrated mounts for a light, computer, or iPhone case. The whole thing sort of works together for a seamless, clean, and easy-to-use bike computer or fitness tracking system. Beyond that, the frames may have received a slight redesign (not sure on that one), and there are some new color options coming out.
Hi Lanovran,
I'm waiting to see what Trek, Giant & Specialized's 2015 DS/CrossTrail models look like, so are you able to shed any info on Trek's DS range?

Cheers