Arrogant Roadie Punk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by save10
Outlandish Goals
-cat 2 upgrade (i have one point)
-win a 35 +123 race in the NCNCA (pretty much everyone else would have to crash)
-somehow hit 1300 W on my power meter (max was 1050 once)

Stretch Goals, but possible
-podium San Rafael Twilight (i guess this is almost everyone's goal) in 35 +3/4 (7th this year)
-then finish the 35+123's at the same event (survived 30 minutes)
-win a race (6 top tens in 3/4s and one podium...it could happen)
-not crash (2013 crashes = zero)

Likely Goals
-join a team

Peformance goals
-arrive at 2014 at 165 lbs instead of 185 lbs like 2013 (currently at 171 despite being in italy for 3 weeks)
*Cat 2 upgrade (i now have 8 or maybe 9 points) so it probably wont happen this year, but i could make further progress. it could happen next year thanks to the new non-expiring point clause
*winning a 35+123 race - not likely to happen
*1300w - i really dont care about that anymore. but i did make a personal best 20 min and 40 min NP. in fact its a number back when i was racing around with a 250-260 NP that i didnt think possible for myself

*podium San Rafael - TBD/end of july
*win a race - (yes x 2)

on one hand i have won two races (smaller races) and about a month ago i was in the best shape cycling-wise of my life. On the other hand, i've sorta come to grips with the reality of how i hard i'm gonna have to grind to get these upgrade points (not just within the race, but in training). seeing as how i am a racer with no particular strengths other than a willingness to attack and several weakness (no sprint/cant climb). its kind of a daunting thought. i so envy the guys that can hide for 98% of the race and peek out of the crowd at the end for a podium

and i have a touch of mid-season burnout having raced almost continuously since January

Last edited by save10; 06-16-14 at 04:00 PM.