View Single Post
Old 06-17-14, 03:17 AM
Wooden Tiger

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Flash Alloy 2 (mountain bike), 2010 Schwinn Paramount Series 7 (road bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by supercooper
Thanks! But is Breezer a good brand? I mean, nowadays, most bikes are made in China anyway.
Just me, but I wouldn't buy a bike made in China (again). Most "good" bikes today are made in Taiwan.

I can't tell you there's something wrong with a bike made in China, I'm just telling you I wouldn't buy another one.

My wife had an Avalanche 3.0 Disc that was made in China and it took a beating, but we replaced nearly every part on it, save for the wheels and the frame. We owned the bike for about two years and replaced the cassette, front derailleur, brake disc, and a front chain-ring was missing a tooth. The bike met an untimely death in an auto accident before we had a chance to replace that, too. We bought the bike for $360 and it wouldn't surprise me if we sunk just as much into it. The only part that didn't fail was the frame.

FWIW, I realize GT didn't make the parts that failed, but regardless, the parts were cheap and the bike was made in China. Ya get what ya pay for, and we paid $360.

Our LBS carries Breezer bikes. Personally, I didn't like the feel of them, but they seem to be decent bikes. The one I rode felt solid and well put together, but it just wasn't for me. I liked the bike, I just didn't like the "feel." I wouldn't have had any problems bringing the Breezer home, had I liked it.