View Single Post
Old 06-18-14, 02:03 PM
Ridefreemc

Bikes: 2017 Kona TI, 2016 Bike Friday Haul-A-Day, 2015 Bike Friday New World Tourist (for sale), 2011 Mezzo D9, 2004 Marin Mount Vision Pro - for now :)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata

This turtle thing brings me to another turtle story here in Fort Wayne, I was riding my bike and saw a few stopped cars on the road to what first appeared to be an accident from far away, as I got closer people were outside their cars starring at the road which then I thought great someone hit another cyclist, but as I got closer I saw this good size snapping turtle just setting on the road. So like the Tortoise I was use to picking up I go to pick up this guy and WHOA look out here comes this head attached to a long neck, much longer than the Tortoise that almost got my hand! So we all sat around trying different ways to move him and nothing worked so I used my foot and flipped him over and over until he was off the road. This action did not hurt the turtle, in addition their not on the endangered species list either, but none of us in that stopped crowd wanted to see any car to hit it either. Once the turtle got to the side of the road it crawled off into the grassy area.
Same thing happened to me with an Alligator Snapper. I thought it was one of those Gopher Tortoise until its head flew out and almost took my hand off! Now I know the difference.