Old 06-19-14, 05:12 AM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 404 Posts
I don't have the Huffy MTB to show but I'll provide faint praise for the one I had. My son won it in a raffle at school by gaming the raffle. Twas much like the OPs bike but red. My son handed it up, about 4 years ago, when he left town (maybe cuz his friends found out he owned a Huffy??). Truthfully THAT bike got me back into cycling so huzzah for the Huffy. I started out on our very fine rail-trail here and rode the tires off that bike. Heavy was good since I need the training and aerobic stress. One hill climb, though, that I could never complete. Had to always walk the last few yards. I was reminded, though, of how much I enjoyed cycling and I rode more until I realized the Huffy could not be maintained. The bearings, brake calipers and derailleurs were wearing out and could not be overhauled or were not worth the effort.

Eventually I bought the 95 Trek ZX7000 which did overhaul nicely. I rode all the way up that hill the first time and never looked back. The Huffy went to the electric furnace. Maybe part of some car or fridge now. I don't miss the Huffy but I'll not forget the Huffy. The Huffy led to the Treks which lead to cleaning up the old Motobecane Mirage which lead to the Cannondale R600 which lead to the Raleigh Professional and the Nishiki Int'l. I'd say the Huffy was a good bike. Huzzah!!