View Single Post
Old 10-14-05, 08:59 PM
Jimezsmoot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nasty Man Who Stole My Bike!

My beloved Raleigh 1998 C-40 was stolen last night Someone broke into my husbands van and stole my bike which was inside along with 2 new jandd grocery panniers, 2 Bell bike helmets {one in my bike bag and the other brand new still in box}, my lovely Raleigh affixed back wheel steel lock and my trusty floating eyeball bell
I drove up and down Venice, CA in search of the thief. I drove all up the main street where all the independent auto garages are to see if someone tried to sell them my bike for a lousy few dollars. I went to several pawn shops to see if it was hanging there folornly. Now I have given up. One thing I'll tell you though, driving aroundin awful traffic and in the head-pounding heat in my husbands classic 1977 V8 Thunderbird, having to park, pay the meter, park again and so on as several cyclists zoom by with not a care in the world...makes me miss my lovely C40 already! I am now moving on, I am ready to buy a raleigh passage 4 womens bike in amber and silver...

http://www.raleighusa.com/items.asp?...73&childid=424

Put a couple of black fenders and a Blackburn bike rack and it'll look pretty darn dinky, huh!