Old 06-21-14, 04:16 PM
rideaz

Bikes: Giant TCR, Giant Anthem, Felt CX

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waterrockets
Driveway: leadout train nearly got together. Sprinter didn't pull off the win.

I don't understand how bike racing can be so much fun for $30. I had a blast tonight. Plan was for four of us to lead out our sprinter. We didn't quite get our train connected, but the guys in between us were doing their part. I was the last guy in our train, but my sprinter had decided to follow a sprinter who wins a lot rather than follow me. Fair enough -- he just moved here from NJ and is still learning to trust us. I think he knew we'd execute the plan, but maybe doesn't quite trust that we have the strength to actually keep the other teams in line. Anyway, I launched at 500m, as planned, after we already had it strung out. I just stayed low and kept digging until the sprinters came around.

So freaking fun though. I took turns with other teams to chase down breaks, which is not something I normally do (I prefer to bridge). We wanted a sprint today though. A really dangerous rider got off the front with 2 to go and was holding it. I decided that I couldn't take part in the chase, or I would be setting us up for a sprint without an important part of our train. The cool thing was that our leadout brought him back, and he was swarmed at about 75m. So fun.
Awesome!