ShutUpLegs

Bikes: CAAD10 & Slice RS Black Inc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycledrome Crit
Cat 3/4: Back of the pack finish

First race as a Cat 3. Earlier in the year on this same course I got away with two others and we almost lapped the field. Since this wasn't an "A" race I decided to try and try again. With 18 to go myself and another riding that I know we'll got a gap. Being he is a TT guy I thought we had a good chance, but knew we needed 1 or 2 more guys. Turned out he didn't have the legs and I did a lot of the work. 4 guys eventually bridged but when they got to us they didn't want to do any work and we were caught shortly there after.

Had a couple more opportunities but field was willing to chase everything down. With 4 to go a rider sneaked off. He is a very strong time trialist and is very capable of riding away from the field. I was towards the front and hesitated and didn't go with. If I would of went we probably would have held on. He got caught just before the line. I got caught in bad position on last lap and had no interest in sprinting for 20th (others were keen on that 20th place) so I sat up and coasted across with others.