Old 06-22-14, 04:03 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
As indicated in the OP, was that he had to pick his house next to the path to help make they system useful. The other major factor in the system being useful to the OP, is that he is retired and does not have a job location he must travel to each work day.

For someone living in Wheat Ridge and working around East Colfax, the path system is useless for transportation.

So it is a plus for recreational use and very limited transportation use, bust a bust for most cycle transportation needs. Yet I will bet that most of the funding came from federal transportation money with certification that the paths primary use would be transportation.

I suppose some here would call this post MUP hating, rather than just noting I am stating simple facts.
1. I didn't HAVE to pick my house where I picked - I WANTED to pick my house there. Big difference. You are trying to make a straw man argument, IMHO. You used the word "had" to try and make a false argument. "Had" was never used nor implied Read this again "having chosen my house in 2001 specifically because the trail in the open-space behind our house goes directly to the trail system - .5 miles away." You anti-M U P bias is really coming through!

2. I used to live in Wheat Ridge - right next to the trail that now goes to and from Golden, which also goes directly to downtown, and is used by many for that purpose. You don't have your facts correct.

If one was to go out to our trails during commute time, one would see many commuters. I frequently go out about 6:30 to 8:00 am and se many bicycle commuters on their way to work, even during dark hours, when they use lights.

Before I retired, I used to commute from the south side of the metro area to Westminster, almost all the way by trail - 28 miles.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 06-22-14 at 04:18 PM.