View Single Post
Old 06-24-14, 03:17 PM
Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Got the Lake CX236 and Diadora Vortex Racer.

Vortex is a no-go. Runs smaller than the size chart indicates by a half size at least. But the major factor is that these are VERY flexible. Pretty surprised how flimsy they feel. Great breathable design, great boa closure, and nice looking design for sure. But wow, one of the more flexible soles I've touched in recent years. I'm sure there's a much stiffer one that solves these problems, but unfortunately, I didn't pick it, I went with some online advice on size and model.

The CX236 is a very nice shoe! Stiff (as stiff as top end carbon shoes are, this sole is right there, rock solid), great comfortable and compliant upper, breathable, boa closure couldn't be easier. But I ordered a 46 and I wear a 11.5 US, and they're a little too big surprisingly. Too much room in the toe box length-wise, so I have to crank the boa very tight in order to keep my heel from moving. They make a 45.5 wide, so I'll see if I can get these swapped out. What a lot of shoe for the money, I'm pretty impressed!