Old 06-26-14, 02:01 PM
Metacortex

Bikes: Fillet-brazed Schwinns

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Hudson308
Got this '75-ish Voyageur II off CL a couple days ago. It appears to be well worn but all original, down to the tires. Not sure if the "pseudo-suede" seat is factory, though.
Nice score! I do believe that is all original including the Fujita Seamless Super Y.F.C saddle. Those saddles had a very thin leather skin and were easily damaged. You can see pics of a kind of rough one here for comparison: BMXmuseum.com For Sale / Vintage Fujita Y.F.C. Seamless Super Leather Seat

See if the undercarriage of your saddle matches those pics and/or if you can see any remnants of the gold printed labeling on the sides. To me it looks like the real thing, and if so I'd consider having it recovered as these are fairly rare. Pretty amazing to see it even still has the original tires, and they look pretty good. It also appears to have the original KKT toe clips and straps, also very rare to see still present on these. The only thing I can see missing on that bike are the "Schwinn Approved" extension levers on the Dia-Compe brakes. Fortunately those are very easy to find should you want to restore the bike to complete originality.