Old 06-27-14, 08:07 AM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 424 Times in 283 Posts
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
....it's very hot here, and I don't like watching sweat drip off my chin onto a De Rosa, Italian paint being what it isn't.

....I just finished putting a compact crankset and long-cage rear on the D'Arienzo/Basso, and the 12-29 cassette came in yesterday. I haven't ridden that build a foot since receiving the frameset in January. It's just too pretty. I think Centenario d' Bartali will change that.

On hot muggy days, a bike gets pretty gritty in short order. Carbon, expendable, same thing...
RT- Good chance its going to be a blistering hot day of a ride. Will lose 10 lbs just riding it!

Now onto my slacking reason for not riding as much this last few weeks..... three little grandkids! Saturday AM group riding plus I'll sneak a few extra in before chores. Other than that, not much.

Quite occupied with the kids. They're like cute raccoons getting into everything, wanting to do everything... fun. If one calls it biking, riding only the clunkers I'll putz around the hood with them. Maybe today will rig the trailer onto the tandem.

Last edited by crank_addict; 06-27-14 at 08:11 AM.