Old 06-27-14, 10:26 AM
due ruote 

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 320 Posts
Not familiar with the maker, but this looks pretty cool.

Matfield custom lugged steel road bike (57cm) - $450 (Waukesha)
Matfield custom lugged steel road bike (57cm)

Up for sale is my absolutely beautiful custom steel road bike. These were hand made in Lawrence Kansas in the 90's. very few were made and this one has rarely, if ever been ridden. Fit and finish are incredible and I would describe the condition of the frame as essentially new-showing only marks from careful assembly. Paint is exceptional and very high quality.

The current build on the bike is a little bit of a mish mash of new and old featuring a mostly vintage campagnolo drivetrain and brake levers, with more modern shimano ultegra cranks and 105 brakes. Mavic/shimano wheel set from around the era the bike was new with tubular continental tires. Oh it's also got a really cool old campagnolo aero seat post.

I've had this bike for a few years as a project on the back burner. It needs absolutely nothing to ride and enjoy as is, but I was always torn between finding the complete old campy group or doing a resto-mod type thing with modern components. Finally time to let it go to make room for other projects ill hopefully actually get around to.

Frame is very light and truly has those magical ride characteristics only found on quality steel and Ti bikes. The paint is fantastically vibrant and the bike gets compliments from everyone who sees it. I'm sure it'll make it's new owner very happy.

Should fit a wide range of riders. The seat tube measures just a hair over 57cm c-t and the top tube measures spot on 57cm c-c. I'm 6'2" with a relatively short inseam and it fits me very well.

Any other questions or offers please shoot me an email. I'm easy to deal with.

I can show the bike either at home in waukesha or at work in Delafield.

Thanks for looking!