View Single Post
Old 06-27-14, 08:02 PM
Smallwheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I came across that video today and liked it. The cyclist seems to be very skilled at maneuvering in tight spots and the skater did too. Overall it looks like a very skilled and fit skater can get through city traffic congestion faster than a cyclist. It would only take one long straight road for the cyclist to win.

While looking for cyclist versus skater videos I found some that show a fast skater can go as fast as a regular bicyclist. One of these skaters said he can travel at twenty miles per hour. My cruising speed on level ground on a light bicycle is just about fourteen miles per hour. If I could cruise on skates at that speed I would give up using a bicycle for the convenience factor.

Inner city dwellers would have a big advantage using skates over a bicycle when getting through crowded areas. Bringing skates inside one's workplace would be more secure than locking a bicycle out of sight.

There is even a short sprint race video between a cyclist and an inline skater. It looked about one-hundred yards long. The race was close. The skater won.

Earlier in this thread I wrote that I could see myself with a longboard. Over the past few days of watching videos related to skateboards and inline skates on Youtube, inline skates are looking like they are just as fun only faster.