Old 06-28-14, 01:43 AM
Fiery

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by biciklanto
Thanks for the replies, all.

Everyone seems to agree that adjustments should be gradual; however, if I already also ride a bike with a more aggressive fit than this Domane would even be "slammed," does that make it acceptable to speed up the process?

Either way, I guess I'll drop it a centimeter and go from there. If only I had a torque wrench myself...
Is the other bicycle comfortable over long distances? Is the purpose of your Domane to be the less aggressive bike, or just one that's more forgiving on rough roads?

If the other bike fits well for all purposes, I would try to duplicate the fit on the Domane. If Domane is meant to be more relaxed, I would set it arbitrarily to where I thought it should be, and give it a couple of weeks before cutting anything. If I wasn't sure where it should be, I would try the tallest position, the lowest position and midway between the two for a week or two each, and adjust from there.

All in all, you know you can go a lot lower, so there is really no need to ease yourself into it now. Oh, and you don't really need a torque wrench to lower the stem, just don't go crazy on the tension.