Old 06-28-14, 08:23 AM
phoebeisis
New Orleans

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Machka

Wow-took 25 years for the Snowy mountain project-and Snowy Mountains-not what I picture when I think Australia(I was aware you folks had snow and ski resorts-but not what I picture)

Didn't you folks have a HUGE HUGE flood-one of the big cities- NOT TOO FAR BACK??
So odd DRY PLACE big floods-
Parts of dry inland Texas have flooding problems-but mainly flash floods -last hours not days weeks

And you folks have an aquifer the envy of the rest of the world-barely tapped(but punched with what the links called something like un"contained" bores-for sheep and crops I guess)

But your cities WORRY about water-because they live on "rain/snow water" and you don't get lots of rain
One link mentioned you folks use some desalination(implication was it was for emergencies)-usually means SEVERE water concerns

Oh-big aside in respect to toilets-I measure one of the tanks on a 20 yo toilet of ours-fairly typical of older residential toilets- 9.4 liters

Water-most important thing for a city/country-no water no city (no food locally-gotta buy or steal it)