Old 10-15-05, 06:38 PM
Tabagas_Ru
`

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
QUOTE=DannoXYZ][/url]

By "electricity" do you mean therapeutic external stimulation with TENS devices? Or with the piezo-sensors on the bone itself? It appears the electrical triggers of the integrins are ionic chemicals, like nerve-synapses, rather than pure electrons flowing like in a light-bulb circuit; bones have a nervous system... heh, heh...

[/QUOTE]

I believe what I was just taught is that the electrical signals that communicate with the CNS are what cause bone to be thickened, although from what I understand this is just one of many theories as to why bone responds the way it does to stress.

I also did not use my developing critical thinking when responding to your post, I still have much to learn. I realized after, that something like bone growth is much to complicated to to go into exact details in a forum such as this, and if one was to attemps many chapters could be written about it. I will say although you did not mention some things it is because you probably have better things to do than spen the next 2 days typing and explaining bone growth.

Anyways I enjoy hearing others knowledge, and I hope to hear alot more so I can continue to learn.
Long live the periostium

Thank you