View Single Post
Old 06-30-14, 11:46 AM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked 2,128 Times in 555 Posts
@Vonruden: Looks like great fun. Must have been hard to keep you eyes on the road with so much eye candy to look at. I'd have been spellbound by that lovely crank on the '52 Bianchi.

@Chrome Molly: Glad the noggin' survived! Hope that stiff neck goes away soon.

Yesterday was my 41st b-day. Got in 49 miles across the East Bay hills for a loop out to Castro Valley along Redwood Road, back to Berkeley along Pinecrest and Skyline Blvd. Here in this first pic, you can barely make out the San Francisco skyline in the distance

Pinehurst is one of my favorite local stretches of road--nice road surface, covered in shade from Redwood trees, with a gurgling stream off to the side of the road (not pictured).

Stopped at a golf course for some water and came across a nice Della Santa.

Back on the road...

It must be lady bug birthing season. There were literally thousands of these along the route. I mistook the first swarm of them for bees and got a little freaked out until I realized they were harmless. Throughout the ride, when I was traveling slow up a hill, a few would land on my bars or gloves to catch a free ride. Sorry for the out of focus pic.