Old 07-01-14, 07:27 PM
surgeonstone

Bikes: 1976 FRESCHI, 2004 Crumpton.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
@surgeonstone, I talked to Onco about the neutering thing. There have apparently been a number of similar publications for various breeds of dogs, all flawed in some way or another, like the stuff I pointed out to you. The mainstream of Onco does not currently put much stock in the concept that neutering contributes to the development of cancer in dogs. But there are enough little threads of evidence that the veterinary oncology college is formally putting together a taskforce to look into it. The Onco college is actually very good about putting together big multi-center collaborative studies, so my guess is the process of answering this question with a properly designed study will begin in the near future. It will be interesting to see what comes of it. Good thing this is not a big neuro question to be answered, the modus operandi for the Neurology College is for everyone to drink too much and then start yelling at each other, sadly I am not kidding.
Our neurology department at medical school was nuts. In addition to having a refrigerator filled with hallucinogenic mushrooms for their private use, they were as well a hotbed of bed hopping. I remember one neuro cookout where much had been consumed, drunk, whatever when the department head, too drunk to walk, crawled on all fours to the cooler with steaks in it. He then lowered his head and picked up a steak with his mouth and crawled on all fours to the fire where he dropped the steak, on the flames to cook. An elegant sight.

Last edited by surgeonstone; 07-01-14 at 07:30 PM.