Old 10-16-05, 02:23 AM
Team Hammertime

Bikes: Cannondale R1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GrannyGear
Idiot question...does CO2 have thinner molecules that leak thru tubes faster?. It seems every time I use one my tire has significantly deflated by the next morning.

Air: 70 percent Nitrogen, 16 oxygen , rest ( i think close enough)

oxygen molecule is O=O
carbon dioxide is O=C=O

Though the three-D structure is diffrent for co2 and oxygen, co2 is still larger because of the extra carbon atom.

and i dont believe nitrogen bonds with itself, instead just stays N, though even N=N would be smaller than co2.

Of course there are many different molecules in the air including ones with nitrogen and oxygen, but i think they wouldnt make a large enough difference.

It has been awhile since I took bio so correct me if i am wrong.

By the way please dont correct my grammar or spelling please because:
Did you konw taht the hmaun mnid is a birllnat mcahnie. I bet ervyenoe who is rdaenig **** has zreo porbelm uednrentsaing waht is bineg siad. It is pvoren taht you olny msut sepll the frsit and lsat lteetrs crorcet for the biran to udnresantd lgnagaue. Yuor biran flils in the rset. Azmaing!

**** psot is tchneiclaly cmpoetle dibrlbe, and you sitll get it. So raelx, oaky? I cnnaot wiat utinl you gmamarr nzais ctriquie **** psot. How fsat did you raed **** praagparh?